Thursday 23 February 2012

An Inspiration


An Inspiration of mine is Parisian Victoire De Castellane the extravagant Creative Director of Christian Dior Jewellery, and someone who I aspire to greatly. Her designs are made with total passion, they're fun and vibrant and extremely glamourous. She grew up in an Aristocratic family so you can imagine her family didn't receive this new found creative talent too well, especially not when she dismantled a gold charm bracelet given to her by her mother to re-make as earrings, deeming they looked better that way! At age 12 she made her first ring by melting down her religious medals for the precious metal, which I'm sure won't have gone down to well either, but it's what makes me love her even more! I have a feeling however I know the response I shall get if I ask for a piece for my birthday something along the lines of "not in this life time". You can view more of her work on Dior's website - literally stunning stuff!

                                         Dior's 'Bal de Mai' Necklace

Au revoir for now ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment