Monday 13 February 2012

Happy Vintage Valentines


 I've never been sure what I think of the day if I'm honest, at Primary School I loved it, Secondary School I down right hated it- mainly due to the thought of that dreaded annual event dun, dun, duuuun, - 'The Valentines Disco' where for the first hour the girls all stood on one side of the room and the boys on the other and when they finally did get the confidence to intermingle over a Panda Pop and high on E numbers you never ended up dancing with the boy you fancied anyway, but instead found yourself in an awkward embrace with the slime ball of the year harsh? Yeh okay maybe a little, these days I'm on the fence. I enjoy that 'love is in the air' feeling this time of year clearly getting mushy in my older age, but amidst all the bouquets of flowers I use the term 'all' for the general public not my own personal Valentines experiences, boxes of chocolates and the rest, I think the anonymously delivered card is by far the most exciting of all and let's face it the original reason behind the whole concept.
A card with a carefully thought out message written inside will guarantee an instant heart warming feeling fact, even when you come accross it years down the line. So on that note I will leave you to ponder over what it is you will have to say for yourself this year. Happy Valentines Swooners



p.s not forgetting...nothing says "I Love You" like a sentimental, beautiful, one-off, vintage keepsake this is where I do a shameless plug of my own jewellery hint hint.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment