Tuesday 21 February 2012

What's in a name?

As you may or may not have noticed each piece of the jewellery I have created so far has been given it's own individual girls name as a style name. The thinking behind this idea was to use the names of inspirational women in my life- some friends, some family, some whom I've never even met but all who have inspired me just being unique and special to me in their own brilliant ways. I liked the fact that this mirrors the jewellery being individual and unique one-offs too pass the sick bucket you say?!
So the point of this blog is that this week ever expanding and favourite handbag brand of mine- Mulberry presented via London Fashion week in their spectacular show on Sunday, one of their new beautiful bags to be launched in May of this year the 'Del Ray' to anyone reading at Mulberry my address to send me one over is available upon request ;) this story some what spooked me as on Friday evening I created the Necklace pictured in the photo below whilst listening to the New York born Lana Del Ray's exceptional album- 'Born To Die'. Fascinated by the captivating tracks on her album I decided to name the necklace 'Lana' after the woman herself. If you haven't heard it yet, I insist you have a listen.
So looks like my love for Mulberry has gone a little too far this time and caused me to become some what scarily in tune and in sync with the brand! Anyway now you know the story behind it without further ado let me introduce you to 'Lana' - playful, a little bit in your face and a real statement maker, which is what I personally think wearing jewellery should be all about!
£20.00 available on http://www.etsy.com/shop/shuandme or upon request.

Made With Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment