Monday 27 February 2012

Oscars 2012- Lady In Red...Oh And Diamonds, And Vintage Polka Dots...

Every year without fail the question on everyone's lips the day after the Oscar awards have taken place is not "who won what?" but rather "who WORE what?" The 84th Academy Awards took place last night and all day I have been droolling/ cringing at times over the outfits, and observing the opinions of the masses via Twitter, in the papers, on T.V and online it's become somewhat of an obsession you might say. One of my favourites has got to be the exquisite Miss. Natalie Portman mainly because she wore a 'Vintage' 1954, (yeh okay she is their ambassador and yes this may have been a little predictable) Dior red polka dot gown, and naturally teamed it with Harry Winston diamonds, i'm sure we all adorn similar jewels of a Saturday night on the town dn't we darlings, no?! Every last inch of her down to the strong 50's red lip colour to the perfectly coiffed hair oozes Grace Kelly and I personally love it.
I have to also mention the phenomenal Meryl Streep who literally can do no wrong in my eyes! Sure she may have matched her outfit to the award but still I think she dazzled on the red carpet as the 'Golden' Iron Lady in Lanvin, I tell you what if I look half as good as her in my 60's I will be content. I won't have a bad word said!

So whilst all this was taking place I was inspired to get busy creating a few new pieces for my collection- afterall a little bit of glamour goes a long way I always say. Just a quick example before I sign off anyway...introducing 'Iman' a necklace of contasting chains with rich jewel detail, if the celebs can get glam then why can't we hey?!
Much 'Lovey' Love,
Shu x

No comments:

Post a Comment